Saturday 26 May 2007

Are you lost in your lies?

am I?

Title: Minutes To Midnight (Album)
Artist: Linkin Park
So, I couldn't get myself to hate LP, after all. They are THE band for me. My first love of loud music. My first taste of rock - no, not really. That would be Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Cromok, Sepultura, Metallica - when I was 8-9 years old. Back then, everytime I heard them blaring out from my bro's room, I'd yell "bising la along!" =P Now now. Back on LP. It took a while for their new tunes to finally grow on me. So it's true. They wanted to get away from the rap metal sound and adapted more of rock/ballad (?) style - the type that you could easily sing along. Lyrically, they've gone a bit political and touched on what's been happening around the world. Mike Shinoda MC-ed only on two tracks. Did a clean-vocal singing. Which, to me, not a great move. And you could barely hear Mr. Hanh's sampling. Yet, you'd unmistakably recognized the "LP sound". The album is just over 40 minutes. Consists of 12 tracks (where, first track, 'Wake' is a short no-vocal-song). I called these two track, 'Given up' and 'Bleed It Out', my happy songs. I'd go "clap-clap-clap" like crazy, and switched to my happy-mood in an instance =) There's a U2's 'With or Without You' vibe to the 'Shadow Of The Day' track. An energy/spirit lifting, drum-attack intro on 'No More Sorrow'. A notable-but-not-so-great solo on song titled 'In Pieces'. And the final track, 'The Little Things Give You Away' really gives a closure to the album. Just nice.
source: moi.

0 spat: