Friday 11 January 2008

Make it right!

haven't got the chance to tell you about my first concert. a bit backdated. well here goes.

Dec 9th 2007. MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE LIVE IN STADIUM MERDEKA, KL. nyeh nyeh! this won't be the last time. going to a concert I mean. considering the good time I had that day. it was raining, yeah. but it definitely worth the 103bucks I spent.

free-seating. quite far from the stage. they set up 2 big screens, so we free-seaters could see gerard's face CLEARLY. grin. letdowns? the guards found my camera. yes. they didn't allow us to bring any sort of camera in. WTF?! you went to a concert and no camera's allowed?! I was left out of curses. seriously. but on the bright side, it WAS raining. so tak la rosak camera kena hujan. kan.



started off with performances by Pop Shuvit and Onebuckshort. it's not that I don't support our local band. but they're just not my cup of tea. this and that, tech and sound check, MCR appeared around 8.30-ish pm.

we were [almost] soaking wet when the concert management gave us each a "garbage-plastic"-like raincoat. better than nothing, eh?

ok. the minute they showed up, the moment gerard opened his mouth, I wasn't myself anymore. I was "woohoo-ing" all thru the concert. for real yo! they were brilliantly awesome! I'm used to their live performance, thanks to youtube and other online sources. so I knew then what to expect. but watching them live, literally, few hundred metres away, was quite an experience for me. their songlist, not exactly in concert-play order but alphabetically:

01. Cancer
02. Cemetery Drive
03. Dead!
04. Desert Song
05. Famous Last Words
06. Give 'Em Hell Kid
07. Helena
08. House Of Wolves
09. I Don't Love You
10. I'm Not Okay (I Promise)
11. Mama
12. Sleep
13. Teenagers
14. The Sharpest Lives
15. This Is How I Disappear
16. Welcome To The Black Parade
17. You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison

they didn't play my favourite (among favourites) song - The Ghost Of You. why?

my pick for this particular show, "Sleep". that one was overwhelming. the one that really made me screamed my lungs out.

it was over in 2hours time. at home by 10.40pm. was hoping we'd bump into them outside stadium. no luck. sigh. I had 1st-timer-post-concert-syndrome (ok I made that term up, so what). I had the urge to "woohoo" out loud every now and then. even right now, as I'm typing this, which is 1-month later. well just for the sake of it... WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!! YEAHHH!!!


0 spat: